Our original premium traditional aran is available in over 500 clan patterns. Our most popular garment, this true classic aran sweater is original heritage heavyweight Aran Sweater Market quality, handknit by our master knitters.
- Historically, Aran patterns were safeguarded within families and passed down from generation to generation and there are now over 500 Clan Aran patterns registered here at the Aran Sweater Market on Inis Mor, Aran Islands, Ireland
- A Clan Aran Sweater is a renowned gift of Irish heritage, handknit & created by skilled craftspeople following a centuries old tradition.
- Each Clan Aran holds deep symbolic meaning for each Irish family name with ancient patterns and stitches combining to produce a treasured item of heritage and a symbolic heirloom that is presented as a cherished gift amongst families who are of an Irish last name or have one within their family tree.
- The Clan Aran also called a Fisherman Sweater itself is hand knitted in the traditional báinín (pronounced ‘baw neen’) colour and this maintains the natural white of the wool.
- It comes to you complete with a clan history & clan crest along with a signed & stamped Certificate of Authenticity.
- The Cable Knit sweater for Men is made of 100% pure new wool, is water repellent and fully breathable. It has been hand crafted in the traditional Irish style, and, with care, will last a lifetime.
Please Note: click the above link to view the full range of Clan Aran sweaters & to select your product - patterns, sizes & products cannot be purchased on this page
(Immediate Dispatch; Average 2-3 Days Shipping)